Saturday 14 July 2012

(Slightly bodged) beautiful Beignet skirt


After messing up the sizing/fitting I have finally finished my Beignet (I skipped the belt hoops and belt as I like the cleaner lines and if I'm honest I had run out of steam on this). I really love the end result even if it is a little bodged - the red linen remnant only cost £2 so it is a bargain.  I have to admit the colour inspiration came from Tilly & the Buttons - I love her red one and the whole 60s movie star thing she has going on in this picture:


It got my mind wandering off and google-imaging all my 60s style crushes - Audrey, Bridget:




And of course the gorgeous Jean Seaberg - I really want to make this dress for our non-existent summer - need to find a good pattern:



So now thanks to Tilly and some google wandering - there will always be something about my bodged Beignet which will transport me out of rainy, grey summer-less London to sunny Rome in a black and white 1960s movie - all I need now is a head scarf, stripey breton top and cats eye sunglasses...

No comments: