Tuesday 12 June 2012

The Queen's jubilations have crept into my wardrobe

Somehow everything I have made recently is red, white and blue - I think all the bunting & Union Jacks strewn around London crept into my subconscious.  Anyway here are my latest creations.  My interpretation of the Colette Patterns Sencha Blouse (I slightly changed the neckline).  I love these photos because in the ones with my glasses on I look so like my lovely mother back in the 60s...




More red, white and blue - my second Colette Patterns Ginger skirt - this time in indigo denim with tiny red polka dot flat piping.  I followed the incredibly helpful instructions on their blog here:  http://www.coletterie.com/tutorials-tips-tricks/tutorial-ginger-waistband-with-flat-piping
I love the extra detail the piping adds, I also over stitched in red cotton and added a red zip - I'm really pleased with this - I think I will wear it a lot:
 Here's a close up of the polka dot piping on waistband

 Added extras - the red zip


 Here's my lovely assistant photographer Esme Agnes being shy - very out-of-character.



Beautiful roses - a new colour palette, deep green, light green and white


So what to make next??

No comments: